Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

All the best in 2015!

I thought I'd do a quick update on my daily walking and meditation practice. The walking has been solid, although I don't find it's all that productive as a creative stimulant or catalyst. We just had our first dusting of snow and I found shovelling far more conducive to creative thought. Actually, I may as well admit that shovelling snow has always been a conduit for creativity for me. Maybe my walking practice should just consist of me walking across my driveway over and over, pushing a shovel in front of me, with or without snow. The meditation has not been as consistent as I would like. I haven't done it every day, I haven't done it at the same time every day, and I certainly haven't done it twice a day (on the days that I do it). When I do it, I find it relaxes me, often to the point where I'll doze off for a minute or two. So, I do come out of it feeling refreshed, although I don't think falling asleep is supposed to be part meditation, otherwise I could say I've been busy meditating every night. So, time to get serious. I should have 20 minutes to lay aside for meditation every day, especially since just about every expert out there says it will enhance my creativity and focus.

On a final note, here's a link to some great info about improving your writing practice:

http://99u.com/articles/34649/7-pieces-of-wisdom-that-will-change-the-way-you-work

No comments:

Post a Comment