Monday, January 5, 2015

Shovelling Snow

In the last post I mentioned how shovelling snow has always been a catalyst for creative ideas. I'll often get sparks of inspiration as I shovel the white stuff, and it's been happening my whole life. So, I thought I'd look around to see if there's any connection between manual labour, like shovelling snow, and creativity. I didn't find a whole lot, but below is a link that affirmed a connection between the two:

http://www.ideastap.com/IdeasMag/the-knowledge/how-manual-labour-can-make-you-more-creative

Or here's some info about the benefits of moving meditation, which involves doing the same kind of simple movement over and over, which is exactly what I'm doing when I shovel. So, maybe what I'm doing is a lot closer to meditating than walking.

http://www.fitbie.com/get-fit/tips/moving-meditation-ultimate-zen

Maybe I should just get a side job that involves shovelling and keep my writing materials just off to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment