Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Quiet, and Still, and Solitary

“You need not leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. You need not even listen, simply wait, just learn to become quiet, and still, and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice; it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.”

                                                                                                         ~Franz Kafka

I'm working on a new project now, and I'm also trying to meditate more, so I've actually become much better at sitting and waiting when I get stuck on a word or a phrase. I think a year ago, if I got stuck on a phrase, I'd jump up and do something else, or I'd check my email. Now I just wait. And Kafka's right, if you become quiet and still, the world, or the words, will offer themselves to you. At least that's what I've found.

No comments:

Post a Comment