Friday, January 16, 2015

Stuck

I've tried to visit the same school twice this week, and both times I've been hobbled by the snow. Today I made it to Elmsdale, Nova Scotia, which is usually an easy and enjoyable drive along the highway from Dartmouth. Today, however, it was a white-knuckle, one lane, marathon through snow and sleet. Eventually, I just had to give in and pull off. So here I am in Elmsdale, stuck in a McDonald's, writing my blog at seven in the morning. There is an upside, as there always is, because this is the perfect opportunity to test out one of the theories I've heard about creativity. I'll be experimenting with the idea that a change of routine helps shake things up in your life just enough to give you a slightly new perspective on things. Theoretically, this new perspective should help me look at my most recent writing project in a different way. Instead of looking at things from my office in Dartmouth, I'll be looking at things from a booth at McDonald's in Elmsdale. Therefore, I'll have to examine my words from a different angle, an Elmsdale angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment